Author photo

By Joe Thomas
Ledger Editor 

School training is praised with a fire

Chief Stanton says lessons learned during fire safety week proved good in house fire

 

June 8, 2023



Flomaton Fire Chief Steve Stanton credited what Flomaton students learned during Fire Prevention Week with possibly preventing a major fire and possible injuries early Wednesday morning.

Stanton said Addison Green, 15, and her mother Julie Newton, were inside their home at 863 Pineview Cemetery Road about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday when the self-cleaning stove exploded.

Stanton said Green called her husband Bo Newton, who told her to get out of the house. Bo Newton then called Stanton. Green and Newton left the house and Newton realized she had left her cell phone inside and was going back inside...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 12/09/2023 21:44